Nuclear Risk and Public Control
The Joint Project 2016
n the Joint Project, European NGOs and research institutions cooperate since 2003 on safe and sustainable energy issues with a focus on antinuclear activities in Central and Eastern Europe.
The long-term goals of the Joint Project are a nuclear phase-out in Europe (especially of old reactors), no new-build nuclear power plants, no renaissance of nuclear energy, and no lifetime extension of old reactors without adequate public participation. By producing materials like brochures, websites etc. for anti-nuclear NGOs, the Joint Project contributes to their political work.
In 2016/2017, the Joint Project will focus on:
- The EU radioactive waste policy and national waste management programmes
- Nuclear security
- State aid
- The EIA process of the planned NPP in Paks/Hungary and Dukovany/CZ
- Health effects of radiation
*Networking and information exchange
More information can be found on our website.
- Bundesministerium für Land-und Forstwirtschaft, Umwelt und Wasserwirtschaft; BMLFUW; Abteilung I/6 Nuklearkoordination
- Patricia Lorenz; FoE Friends of the Earth Europe