Nuclear Risk & Public Control
The Joint Project 2014
In the Joint Project, European NGOs and research institutions cooperate since 2003 on safe and sustainable energy issues with a focus on antinuclear activities in Central and Eastern Europe.
The long-term goals of the Joint Project are a nuclear phase-out in Europe (especially of old reactors), no new-build nuclear power plants, no renaissance of nuclear energy, and no lifetime extension of old reactors without adequate public participation. By producing materials like brochures, websites etc. for anti-nuclear NGOs, the Joint Project contributes to their political work.
In 2014, the Joint Project will focus on:
- plant lifetime extension (PLEX) of nuclear power plants
- the EIA process of the planned NPP in Paks/Hungary
- European radioactive waste policy
- stress tests for nuclear power plants
- costs of nuclear power
More information can be found on our website www.joint-project.org.
- Bundesministerium für Land-und Forstwirtschaft, Umwelt und Wasserwirtschaft; BMLFUW; Abteilung I/6 Nuklearkoordination
- Patricia Lorenz; FoE Friends of the Earth Europe